Quaife.net Limited (“Quaife.net”, “we”, “us” or “our”) is committed to protecting and respecting your privacy.
Please read the following carefully to understand our views and practices regarding personal data and how we will treat it. By visiting www.quaife.net (“our site”) and when you use our Services you are accepting and consenting to the practices described in this policy.
The term “personal data” as used in this policy, refers to any data (whether by itself or when linked with other information in our possession, or likely to come into our possession) that can be used to identify a living individual. Personal data does not include information that has been aggregated or made anonymous such that it can no longer be reasonably associated with a specific living individual.
Information we may collect from you
We may collect and process the following data about you:
- Information you give us. You may give us information about you by filling in forms on our site or by corresponding with us by phone, e-mail or otherwise. This includes information you provide when you request information on our site and/or our Services, when registering for our Services and when you report a problem with our site or one of our Services. Such information may include but not be limited to business information (name, registration details, address), contact details of the business’ representatives or beneficial owners’ details (such as name and address, date of birth and formal identity document numbers), banking details, industry classification, purpose of the business, and annual revenue or other financial information. When you visit our site, you have the ability to conduct a limited number of live “test” transactions and experience our Services without formally contracting for them. To monitor these test transactions, we collect technical information such as is listed in the bullet point below, plus any personal data and credit card information that you provide to conduct the test transactions.
- Information we collect about you.
- With regard to each of your visits to our site we may automatically collect the following information:
- technical information, including the Internet protocol (IP) address used to connect your computer to the Internet, your login information, browser type and version, time zone setting, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform;
- information about your visit, including the full Uniform Resource Locators (URL) clickstream to, through and from our site (including date and time); products/services you viewed or searched for; page response times, download errors, length of visits to certain pages, page interaction information (such as scrolling, clicks, and mouse-overs), and methods used to browse away from the page and any phone number used to call our customer service number.
- We also record all telephone conversations with customers
- With regard to each of your visits to our site we may automatically collect the following information:
- Information we receive from other sources. We may receive information about you if you use any of the other websites we operate or the other services we provide. In this case we will have informed you when we collected that data that it may be shared internally and combined with data collected on this site. We are also working closely with third parties (including, for example, foreign exchange and payment service providers, business partners, referral agents, sub-contractors in technical services, advertising networks, analytics providers, search information providers, credit reference agencies and fraud prevention agencies or other similar organisations – who may check the information against any particulars on the Electoral Register and any other databases) and may receive information about you from them.
You block cookies by activating the setting on your browser that allows you to refuse the setting of all or some cookies. However, if you use your browser settings to block cookies (including essential cookies) you may not be able to access all or parts of our site.
The table below informs you of the individual cookies we use and the purposes for which we use them:
|Quaife.net, Zopim.com, Zopim.io (These URLs will generate session cookies)||Session|
Cookie each time website is browsed.
|These session cookies store data temporarily during the session in which you are browsing our website only and do not retain any data after the browser is closed. Session cookies do not collect information from the user’s computer. They enable us to:|
• Store information about your preferences, and so allow us to customise our site. Speed up your searches.
|See Cookielaw.org for information about your rights regarding cookies.|
|Google Analytics||Generates statistical and other information about website use and compiles demographic, profile and usage data relating to the site and our Services. The information is used to create reports about the use of the website and our Services.||https:// www.google.com/ policies/ privacy/ partners/|
Uses made of the information
We use information held about you in the following ways:
- Information you give to us. We will use this information:
- to carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us and to provide you with the information and Services that you request from us;
- to bill and report to you, manage customer accounts, assist with customer queries and pay any Reward Payments;
- to provide you with information about other goods and services we offer that are similar to those that you have already purchased or enquired about;
- to provide you, or permit selected third parties to provide you, with information about goods or services we feel may interest you. If you are an existing customer, we will only contact you by electronic means (e-mail or SMS) with information about goods and services similar to those which were the subject of a previous sale or negotiations of a sale to you. If you are a new customer, and where we permit selected third parties to use your data, we (or they) will contact you by electronic means only if you have consented to this. If you do not want us to use your data in this way, or to pass your details on to third parties for marketing purposes, please elect the relevant option on the form on which we collect your data;
- to notify you about changes to our Service;
- to ensure that content from our site is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer.
- Information we collect about you. We will use this information:
- to administer our site and for internal operations, including troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, research, statistical and survey purposes;
- to improve our site to ensure that content is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer;
- to allow you to participate in interactive features of our service, when you choose to do so;
- as part of our efforts to keep our site safe and secure;
- to provide anonymised transactional data about the use of our Services and general trends to third parties. Where you were referred to us by a referral agent to whom we pay a referral fee, we may share your transactional data with such referral agents to enable them to verify the amounts of fees we pay them;
- to comply with the laws and regulations and our suppliers’ obligations, applicable to us and our Services;
- to measure or understand the effectiveness of advertising we serve to you and, and to deliver relevant advertising to you;
- to make suggestions and recommendations to you about goods or services that may interest you.
- Information we receive from other sources. We may combine this information with information you give to us and information we collect about you. We may us this information and the combined information for the purposes set out above (depending on the types of information we receive).
Disclosure of your information
We may share your personal information with any member of our group, which means our subsidiaries, our ultimate holding company and its subsidiaries, as defined in section 1159 of the UK Companies Act 2006.
We may share your information with selected third parties including:
- foreign exchange service providers and payment service providers to facilitate provision of our Services to you;
- business partners, agents, suppliers and subcontractors appointed by us to perform services for us or on our behalf to enable us to provide this Site and/or our Services to you;
- advertisers and advertising networks that require the data to select and serve relevant adverts to you and others;
- analytics and search engine providers that assist us in the improvement and optimisation of our site;
- credit reference agencies for the purpose of assessing your credit score where this is a condition of us entering into a contract with you.
We may disclose your personal information to third parties
- In the event that we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we may disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets.
- If Quaife.net Limited or substantially all of its assets are acquired by a third party, in which case personal data held by it about its customers will be one of the transferred assets.
- If we are under a duty to disclose or share your personal data in order to comply with any legal obligation, or in order to enforce or apply our Terms and Conditions and other agreements; or to protect the rights, property, or safety of Quaife.net Limited and/or, our customers, or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organisations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
Some of IT vendors act as our technology providers based on the software-as-a-service (SAAS) business model. In this case, we use their information systems installed on their hardware environment. Respectively, our databases may be kept on the servers of such vendors. In this case, we limit an access of the IT vendors by the mean of integrated management rules, which prevent a vendor from accessing the data kept by its clients.
Storage and handling of your personal data
Information about you is predominantly stored on secure computer servers and filing systems. We take reasonable steps and use up-to-date techniques and processes to protect customer information from misuse, loss and unauthorised access, modification and disclosure.
We also maintain up-to-date computer and network security systems with appropriate firewalls, encryption technology and passwords to protect electronic copies of customer information.
We will store customer information (with the exception of anonymised transactional data) only for as long as it is reasonably necessary taking into consideration the term of your agreement with us and our need to answer queries, resolve problems, provide improved and new Services and comply with legal requirements under applicable law(s) and those of our suppliers. This means that we may retain customer information for a reasonable period after you stop using our Services or stop using this site. After this period, we will take reasonable steps to destroy or permanently anonymise customer information which is personal data.
To ensure the security of customer information, we ask that you observe the security requirements that relate to the use of your customer information and account, including log-in details and passwords.
We use leading encryption technologies to secure your data on a hardware and software levels. The hardware protection includes Cisco security products. The software protection tools include strict control mechanisms as follows: SSL 3, TLS 1.2 with keys larger than 2048-bit.
Your provision of Personal Data of others
Where you provide personal data relating to others (e.g. beneficial owners’ details, business representatives’ details, but mainly of your “Customers” (as defined in the Terms and Conditions) who make card payments to you) you confirm that you have their consent or are otherwise entitled to provide this information to us and for us to use it in accordance with this agreement. We direct you to Section 14 of our Terms and Conditions and in particular sub-section 14.10 regarding personal data you pass to us or we otherwise collect from you regarding your “Customers”.
You have the right to ask us not to process your personal data for marketing purposes. We will usually inform you (before collecting your data) if we intend to use your data for such purposes or if we intend to disclose your information to any third party for such purposes. You can exercise your right to prevent such processing by checking certain boxes on the forms we use to collect your data. You can also exercise the right at any time by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Our site may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of our partner networks, advertisers and affiliates. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites.
Access to information
You have the right under the Data Protection Act 1998 to access information held about you. Your right of access can be exercised in accordance with the Act. Any access request may be subject to a fee of £10 to meet our costs in providing you with details of the information we hold about you.